Does an ultrasound examination hurt?
Ultrasound examination is a painless, non-aggressive way to gain insight into your health, i.e. condition of your blood vessels and organs.
Badawi Polyclinic offers the opportunity for several doctors to do ultrasound examinations at the same time and to do any ultrasound examinations with Doppler.
How long does an ultrasound examination last and when can I get the results?
Ultrasound examination takes between 5 and 15 minutes and is read during the examination, and you get the result immediately.
Who can come for an ultrasound examination?
You do not have to be sick or have any problems in order to do an ultrasound examination. Simply schedule an ultrasound examination that you have envisioned, it is always best if you previously talk to your doctor.
What kind of ultrasound examinations are there?
The following ultrasound examinations can be done in the Badawi Polyclinic:
- ultrasound examinations in pediatrics: in infants: baby heads (fontanelle), heart, testicles, etc., ultrasound of the hips: in newborns and infants
- ultrasound examinations in gynecology and obstetrics: tracking a healthy pregnancy, monitoring high-risk pregnancy, expert 4D ultrasound (prof. dr Stojić), other conditions and diseases unrelated to pregnancy: examination of healthy women, examination for monitoring tumors, polyps, inflammation, postoperative check-ups and the like
- other ultrasound examinations: any solid organ or creation can be examined using ultrasound but also hollow organs and areas of the body if they are filled with fluid
- Doppler ultrasound-color examination: this type of examination is usually required by specialists, and it includes an examination through which the blood flow through the blood vessels may be measured. It most often includes: Doppler of blood vessels of the neck and the head, blood vessels of the legs (rarely arms), blood vessels of various organs (kidneys, ovaries, heart).
So, you can examine the following by ultrasound: liver, kidneys, spleen, pancreas, urinary bladder (if you have previously prepared yourself adequately), thyroid gland, breast, neck, tumors, soft tissue, joints, scrotum, testicles, prostate, lymph glands, lymph and other nodes.
Preparation for breast ultrasound
You should come for an examination between 5-10 days of the cycle, counting from the first day of the cycle.
Preparation of the child for hips ultrasound
Take the following with you:
- health insurance card, release form from the maternity hospital and the findings from the previous examination (if any)
- two diapers (cloth), a bottle of water or juice, a favorite toy
- 1 hour prior to departure from the house, feed the baby
Preparation for ultrasound examination of the upper abdomen
A very light dinner in the evening, in the morning and in the afternoon, on the day when you scheduled an appointment, you can drink teas of your choice and as much water as you want. After the examination, you can have a light meal, and then continue according to the recommendation of the doctor.