Fluid compensation in diarrhea
Make a solution of: 1 liter of boiled water, 8 teaspoons of sugar, 1 teaspoon of salt, juice from half a lemon, 100ml of mild Russian tea.
This solution is to be administered often in the amount of a few teaspoons to 50ml at once, at frequent time intervals.
There is also a finished industrial product that can be bought in pharmacies (e.g. “orosal”).
Diet in diarrhea
Do not interrupt breastfeeding (if the infant is on a natural diet), fluid compensation, if the baby is on an artifical diet: instead of water, use rice water to prepare the milk in the bottle.
a small child: 1. fluid compensation, 2. cooked rice (in water), 3. boiled potatoes, apples, carrots, 4. ripe banana, cherry, 5. warm stomach.
Allergy on the skin
1) abolish medication (if the child used any)
2) stop using eggs and egg products, milk and dairy products, fish, chocolate, bananas, strawberries, kiwis, oranges, tomatoes, spices, potato chips, nuts,
3) place a stupe on the skin,
4) contact your doctor as soon as possible.
Fluid compensation in vommiting
Make the following solution: 100ml water + tablespoon of sugar, dissolve it, put it in the fridge so that an ice cover appears, remove from the fridge, stir to break the ice and put it in the fridge and give one teaspoon every 5-10 minutes to the child. A child should not be given anything else until the solution is consumated. Lost fluid can be compensated through enema. Make a solution of 150 ml + 150 ml of dextrose + 150 ml of saline solution, give slowly through the enema. Both solutions can be purchased at the pharmacy!
Procedure in increased body temperature
1) temperature up to 38°C:
a) no medicine is necessary,
b) give the child enough liquid.
2) temperature higher than 38°C:
a) give the children enough liquid,
b) administer a syrup against increased body temperature.
3) temperature higher than 39°C:
a) give the child enough liquid,
b) administer a syrup against increased body temperature,
c) apply a suppository against increased body temperature,
d) do a massage with the following solution: put 50ml (the amount of one coffee cup) of vinegar into 1 liter of water at room temperature, after the massage, leave the baby to dry.
(“Asthma”, “Bronchitis”, “Allergic fever”)
– the child should be outside the influence of cigarette and barbecue smoke,
– the child should be outside the influence of dust: windy weather, sweeping and other cleaning where dust is generated,
– the child should be outside the influence of fans, air conditioners, electric heaters, etc., where there is air circulation and dust raising,
– the child should be outside the influence of volatile odors and aerosols of any kind (sprays, deodorants, cologne)
– flowers in a vase or pot flowers that blossom should not be in the children’s room or in the vicinity,
– carpet, heavy curtains, bedspreads and fluffy toys should at least not be in the children’s room,
– the pillows should not be made of feathers nor wool.
If the situation is really difficult, despite the mentioned measures and regular medical treatment, it is necessary to resort to a diet.
Advice for proper breastfeeding
Advice related to the mother:
– proper diet that includes intake of sufficient quantities of fresh fruit, vegetables, milk (about 1 liter) or yogurt,
– the mother should be mentally and physically rested,
– breast nipples should always be clean and dry,
– breastfeeding should be performed in a sitting or lying position.
Advice related to the infant:
– its nose should be clean and accessible, and it should be dressed in clean clothes,
– never give anything just before breastfeeding,
– breastfeeding should last up to 15 minutes, first on one breast and then the other (again, no more than 15 min.)
– the next breastfeed starts with the breast where it was previously completed,
– make sure that the infant burps,
– frequency of feeds (you can opt for one of the variants: 1. when an infant aks for it, 2. planning – every two and a half to three hours)
– a prerequisite of good breastfeeding is that an infant is hungry, night breastfeeding should be abolished after the first month. [/ Toggle_block]
If there is constipation
– if the child is breastfeeding – do not interrupt
– do a belly massage in a clockwise direction,
– give the baby hot baby tea.
– apart from the already mentioned measures,
– give the child orange juice sweetened with sugar (a teaspoong of sugar per 100g of juice), it is enough to dilute the juice with water.
12 months and up:
– all of the above,
– add more oranges, strawberries, raspberries, blackberries, tomatoes, plenty of fluids in the nutrition (water, homemade teas, natural juices).
Avoid: banana, carrots, cherries, rice.