What does cardiology do?
It is the branch of internal medicine dealing primarily with diagnostics and therapy: heart disease, blood vessels of the heart, blood pressure and circulation.
It is known that the risks for CVD (cardiovascular disease) are very high and are increasing. This should be a warning to pay attention to it in terms of preventive examinations. This will do much greater benefit to our health care than to treat the consequences.
Preventive cardiological examination
It primarily includes regular visits to the cardiologist once a year – for a healthy person, but more often when it comes to a disease. It often is a matter of agreement with the cardiologist.
What should be done?
- Laboratory testing: SE, CBC, urinalysis, blood glucose, lipid profile, nephrogram, electrolytes: Potassium, Sodium and Chloride, hepatogram, CK-NAC-+CK-MB.
Specialist cardiological with ECG
If the cardiologist considers it necesary, he will propose additional diagnostic procedures:
- Echocardiography (ultrasound of the heart) with doppler examination
- holter ECG – for 24 hour heart monitoring
- ABMPS or pressure holter – for 24-hour blood pressure monitoring
- After the examinations you will receive a report and recommendations. These can only be recommendations for HD (hygienic – dietary regime). And then it is the right time to start applying some of the prevention programs from the Badawi holistic practice
- In case the need arises, the cardiologist will determine the therapy (treatment) and monitor you through check-ups.